VW Golf – Mark 4 GTI, 1.8t, 2002. Black metal paint. The engine is still running great with very good acceleration. I still get enjoyment out of it on the country roads. I have owned the car for 10 years with two previous owners.
The car is getting old, but I think there are a lot more miles left, just needs a bit of maintenance work.
Good renovation project or for parts.
• The car has a nice set of full black leather seats, the front seats are in
reasonable condition and fully heated and in working order.
• The car engine is running well, with 165k on the clock
• MOT until 29th December.
• The paint work is high quality apart from the damage mentioned below.
• Full climate control in working order.
• Two new tyres on the front this year.
The exterior is not in great condition, with the following damage to the shell:
• Right front side wheel arch – bumper damage, easily repairable.
• Right rear side wheel arch – dent
• Left side door – car was keyed a few years back and I was unable to repair well myself.
• Left Wheel arch – scraped by another vehicle.
• Alloy wheels are in bad condition but could be refurbished easily.
It passes its MOT, but there is a persisting issue with the emissions light. The mechanic must switch it off in order to pass. So technically the car emissions are ok, but there is an electrical fault.
I recently put the key in the wash and the central locking isn’t working as a result. I do still have the key cutting if buyer were to replace the key. The central locking is still in good order. ***This caused the alarm to go off sometimes when you open the doors manually via the key***.